Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gratitude

As my campaign draws to a close, and election day draws near, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the people whom I have met in the past few weeks.  There are hundreds of you who have inspired me with your willingness to talk about education---even when I have knocked on your door and interrupted your day.  To you, engaged citizens of Edmonton, I say thank you!  

Thank you to the communities who have invited me to participate in their events, and allowed me support their efforts with service.  I have loved every moment cooking hot dogs, selling wares, cleaning kitchens, raking leaves, picking up garbage and building playgrounds.  It has truly been an honour. Thank you for sharing with me what matters to you, and to the future you want to create for our children.  I have been heartened more than you know by your willingness to engage in this process of elected school board trustees, and I thank you!  

Thank you to my friends and neighbours who gave hours of their time waving at you as you drove past an intersection, put up my signs, and helped me communicate with individuals about education and its future in Edmonton Public.  Most of all, I would like to thank my family (by blood and by choice) who has supported my candidacy wholeheartedly.  

I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment